Consider: Grow 1-5: Resurrection
Take time to read and consider the following scriptures and questions, then mark complete.
Question: What is a resurrection?
Figure out what the two types of resurrection are:
- Read John 11:25-26
- Clue From Unit 1: remember there are two deaths.
- First resurrection – When you are Born Again. (For Example Luke 15:32)
- Second resurrection – When your physical body is raised. (1 Thess 4:13-18)
Read Acts 4:32-33
- What did the early apostles constantly testify about?
- Why didn’t they focus on the crucifixion more?
- Consider: Why could the resurrection be so important?
What do these 3 Scriptures Tell Us about Jesus’ Death & Resurrection?
- Colossians 2:13-15. – He Defeated Satan how?
- Mark 16:19 – Where is Christ?
- Revelation 5:13-14 – What is he seated on?
- What type of People sit on Thrones?
- The resurrection implies Jesus is the King of everything
- It implies he is in charge
- He has a kingdom
- Read Matthew 3:1-3
- Why did John the Baptist say the Kingdom was nearly here?
- There is a kingdom that now exists.
- Jesus is the King
- We are subjects in his kingdom…. BUT NOT ORDINARY SUBJECTS
- We are invited to sit with him on his throne
- Read: Rev 5:6-10
- So who are you?
- And what are you suppose to do?
- Take time to consider how you will be a part of what God is doing on Earth?
- How can you live so as to help his Kingdom grow?