Consider: Grow 1-3: Baptism
Read through these questions and scriptures considering them. When you are done mark complete.
Read Matt 28:18-20
- What do you make of Jesus’ parting words?
- What does he tell his disciples to do?
- What is your understanding of Baptism?
Read Matthew 3:1-11
- Why were people going to John the Baptist?
- Why did some NOT go to John the Baptist?
Read Matt 3:13-17
- What 2 things happened when Jesus was baptized
- First – He received the Holy Spirit
- Secdon – God declared his approval.
Why was Jesus Baptised?
- An example for us to follow
- Fitting to fulfill righteousness – it was what he was supposed to do.
What Baptism Does
- Read Romans 6:3-6
- What do you think it means?
- It says “I am a Christian”
- It is a change of identity
Read Romans 10:9
- What does it mean to “confess you are saved”
- It is a sign for everyone, that you are now in God’s family
- Does Baptism do that?
- Is God asking you to declare your Christian identity in Him publicly?
- Is there anything hindering you from being baptised?
- Talk to someone about Baptism
- If there are hindrances – bring them up with someone so they can be worked through.
- NOTE: We have a book on Baptism available online you can read at no cost.
- Ask God for grace in taking this step of obedience.